Instigation of violence or bigotry: No contributions will be accepted that use threatening language against other participants, the paper’s editors, or the website’s administration. Instigation of bigotry or hatred against specific individuals or groups based on ethnicity, religion, gender, age, ability, or other aspect of identity will not be permitted.
Blasphemy: Contributions will be blocked if they abuse religious beliefs, challenge other people’s doctrines, depreciate them, or pit one religion against another.
Promotional contributions: Protecting the website is all of our responsibility. Promotional content includes contributions that aim to promote a specific product or commercial service irrelevant to the subject, intentional repetition of the same content, and content that hinders the operation of the website. You are invited to report any contributions that breach these protocols, but do not misuse the reporting system. Do not use it to block participation in the portal. Abuse of the reporting system will cause the abuser’s membership to be suspended.
Obscenity: Contributions that contain nudity, licentious invitations, and messages including indecent language and insults will not be allowed. Lewd or inappropriate usernames will not be tolerated. This website’s users include children.
Impersonation: It is not acceptable to impersonate other users, either by using their Al-Masry Al-Youm account or by signing in with their names. Users may not in any way convince other visitors that they are anyone other than themselves.
Personal information: Users’ personal information is not allowed to be posted, such as credit card numbers, ID numbers, phone numbers, and home addresses. These measures are designed for users’ safety.
Al-Masry Al-Youm portal is your community. Help it flourish:
* Make sure that your contribution is relevant to the subject discussed. Irrelevant comments might be blocked.
* Make sure not to post contents similar to what has been published by other users. Our goal is to reach a fruitful dialogue between users. Read other comments before adding your own, so as to be useful for others.
* Post contributions in Arabic and English so they are comprehensible to others.
* Do not post content that violates copyright law.
Publishing rights and intellectual property:
By sending contributions to Al-Masry Al-Youm, you acknowledge:
– Your contributions are your authentic creation, you own the right to display them, and you allow Al-Masry Al-Youm to publish them either on the website, on the printed edition, or any other media by the organization.
– Your contributions do not insult any person.
– Your contributions do not breach any law.